The YMCA pool is 20 yards (18.5 metres) in length, four feet (1.2 metres) deep in the shallow end, and 9 feet (2.7 metres) in the deep end.
The pool temperature ranges between 27-29 degrees Celsius (81-85 degrees Farenheit)
56 pool lengths = 1 kilometer
88 pool lengths = 1 mile
No spectators on deck.
Children under 8 must always be accompanied by an adult.
Where necessary, children should have water wings or bubbles.
Children who aren’t toilet trained must wear a diaper covered by a plastic/rubber pant or a disposable diaper designed for use in water.
If desired, infants can wear a light-colored t-shirt over their bathing suits to help them retain heat.
As of Sept 1st,2015 children under the age of 8 must be accompanied in the pool by someone 14 or over within arms reach. Both teens and adults must remain within arms reach of the child during entire swim. This policy includes Friday night fun but does not include swimming lessons.
reminder: Parents of children 8-12 years of age must remain in the building during recreational swims.
We thank you for your cooperation
Change Room Policies:
The Boys and Girls Change Rooms
- People 16 years of age or younger
- Adults assisting a child 16 years or younger of the same gender
- Adults with opposite gender children 3 years of age or younger
As a reminder, the policies for the other change rooms are as follows:
The Family/special Needs Change Room
- Individuals with mobility limitations
- Adults with infants and/or children of the opposite gender
- Adults with multiple children who are too young to use the youth change room(s).
Men and Women Change Rooms
- These change rooms are for people 17 years of age and older only.
Swim Level Assessments
This swim assessment test evaluates the student’s readiness, responsiveness and skill knowledge. Proper class placement is vital to the student’s success. Please call to set up an appointment.